06/11/2012

RICH MEETS SQUELCHY







In Issue three of SKIN magazine I wrote a piece about the sex doll industry. As promised in said piece, I am delighted to bring to the SKIN blog my interview with a man from Indiana who made it all possible. After asking for his identity to be concealed I hilariously christened him “Squelchy” and asked him all about his fascination with and relationship to one sex doll in particular. The interview was conducted by phone, and transcribed by me. All efforts to maintain colloquialisms have been made, and hopefully this interview will help round out an interesting character that added so much to my article.

You’ve asked for your name to be left out of the article, but can you tell me a little more about yourself?
Sure can... I’m 53 years old. I live just outside Frankfort Indiana and have been a cost engineer on constructions sites most of my working life. 

How would you describe yourself to someone like me, a foreigner with no preconception?
Well now I’d say I’m a pretty normal person. Work six days a week, got a dog, watch college ball a whole lot, and I like listening to Reba McEntire. Don’t know what else to say really...

As you know, I found your contact details from a message board system concerning the RealDoll company. We’re here to talk about sex dolls of course; may I ask how often you discuss this topic with others?
I don’t talk a lot about it really. I have messaged the boards once or twice, but I don’t know anyone personally that has an interest in Real Dolls. I’ve had a lot of conversations with the company through being a customer and making orders... But it’s not something I talk about in a chit-chat way with anyone.

Is it a subject that you’d like to talk about more, or maybe meet people with similar interests?
Not really. I keep it to myself mostly and it works just fine.

Okay, so RealDoll, can you tell me when you first became aware of the company and its service?
I first found out about the company through a TV show about sex dolls. We were watching it one night. RealDoll was the company being talked about as a manufacturer. It must have been six or so years ago...

You said “we,” may I ask who exactly?
Me and my wife at the time, Fran.

So did your wife know you were going to buy a RealDoll after you watched the show?
No way, that was just when I first heard about the company. I didn’t buy anything until years later. We had separated by that time.



Would you say your sex doll interest had an affect on your marriage at all, seeing as you split up soon after your initial introduction?
Nope. The RealDoll show was something I watched and was interested in, but it didn’t really give me any ideas right after watching it. The marriage stopped because of other things I won’t go into.

When was your first contact with RealDoll, and what was was it that made you get in touch with the company?
It was about five years ago, a few years after we split. I can’t remember if anything made me give them a call. I was online a lot of the time and must have just remembered the show I saw. My first contact was just interest really.

But you must have been interested enough to buy at some point?
Yes, I bought Kerry after talking to someone on the company message board and looking through the literature. I’m not that good at buying online things, but I got the hang of it and got Kerry in May 2007.

How did you feel paying so much money for such a new interest in your life?
Well I’ve been lucky in my life, and at the time it wasn’t too much of an expense. I paid $37,000 for a vehicle the same year I remember. Plus with Kerry I had requests that had to be met, so the expense was of my design.

Requests? What specific modifications did you order in that initial purchase?
You get to pick the colour of hair and eyes no charge. But they needed sizes for the holes, and I ordered a closed eye option for the face as well as open.

Was it strange choosing the dimensions for Kerry?
Not one bit. I wanted everything to work and fit right. I got seven inch recesses, which is on the larger size for the model.
 
What was it like waiting for delivery once you had placed the order and purchased your doll?
It didn’t take long enough to think about really. She showed up within a week.

Were you excited when Kerry arrived? What did you do when she showed up?
Well it’s not like getting a regular package through the mail; I had to be in the house and sign for her and learn about her workings. You don’t just take the plastic off and start going. You have to learn about what cleaning products to use and all that. After all that was done we had our first night together later the same day.

How did that first night go? Was it like a new experience?
It’s nothing different to having sex with a woman. It all goes in the same place. So it was nothing new. The smell of the plastics is different at first, but it’s similar to condom smell, so it’s not new.

May I ask what the sex is like with Kerry?
It’s darn good. 

Would you say you can do things with her that you hadn’t before?
I’ve never done anal before, and by all accounts it’s much better doing that with a sex doll. Otherwise we have a normal sex life. Nothing strange.

Is the much romance about the process for you? What about foreplay?
There’s no candles or anything, but I’ve bought her outfits to wear and things like that. Kerry is a woman after all, she’s not a tube sock. I don’t know about foreplay. She goes down on me, is that foreplay?

Not really... What about after, any tenderness between the two of you?
I’m not crazy enough to talk afterwards if that’s what you mean. I lie with Kerry after we have sex, but being spent has a lot to do with that. But there’s no time for falling asleep, it’s best to clean up quickly.



Would you every consider being with a different doll other than Kerry?
If someone wanted to buy me a new doll then I wouldn’t stop them. But I’m very happy with Kerry.

What would you say are the major positives and negatives to sex doll ownership?
A plus point is having a girl that doesn’t talk back. I enjoy that. The sex is great, the experience is like real... There aren’t any negatives.

What about a relationship, do you think you have that with Kerry?
Relationships aren’t the be all. I’ve had a seventeen year relationship and that didn’t last. Kerry is loyal to me and she makes me happy. Sounds like a pretty good relationship don’t it?

Do you think you’ll ever sleep with a real woman before?
Who knows... Kerry’s real enough for me.

You didn’t answer the questions though...
...
All in all, how much do you think you’ve spent on Kerry over the last four years?
... I’d say over twenty thousand dollars. It was nearly five thousand to begin with, and over the years there’s been this and that. The lingerie costs a hell of a lot too. I do save on dinners and movies though.

Where dose Kerry stay when you’re not together?
She sits in the bedroom.

In a cupboard, on the bed?
She’s got a chair and wears everyday clothes. I like having her out, she’s great to look at through the day.

Are you a man in love?
Nope. How can I be? Lust maybe, but love, no. I’m very pleased Kerry is in my life, we have lots of fun together and I can be myself with her. Other than that, I’m just a normal guy.

Have you got any plans for you and Kerry in the future? Any other alterations or purchases on the horizon?
I buy her lingerie every month, so that’s always a purchase. Other than that who knows... Upkeep and repairs, but I’m happy with Kerry how she is.

So there you have it folks. A transcription of the interview with Squelchy that informed and influenced my piece in SKIN issue three. It was a strange interview to conduct. While the phone isn’t perhaps the best medium to gage a person’s thoughts and feelings, I feel Squelchy represented himself how he wanted. His views aren’t echoed by SKIN, but we are very thankful for his input. I hope you enjoyed the article, and I hope you continue to support SKIN magazine.

by RICH SAUNDERS